Mardi Himal Trek is a newly opened trek in the Annapurna Region. Filled with mesmerizing views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Manasulu ranges, this trek is simply an undiscovered and unexplored hidden jewel of the Region. If you are looking for a short and a quiet trek, Mardi Himal Trek is the answer. It is less crowded trek in comparison to its other neighboring treks in the region.
This trek doesn’t only offer astounding views of snow covered peaks, but a chance to experience mixed culture of the locals living here. The major attraction of the trek are Mardi Himal high viewpoint, Pothana village and Lwang. We also get to experience the beauty of several flora and fauna while walking through forests of pine and rhododendrons in the Jungle Camp. The Mardi Himal Trek is a splendid place for nature and adventure lovers.
Day 1: Arrive at Kathmandu
Day 2: Pre-Trip meeting and sightseeing around Kathmandu valley
Day 3: Drive to Pokhara (800 M) [7-8] hrs by tourist bus
Day 4: Trek to Pothana (1950M)
Day 5: Trek to Jungle Camp (2300M)
Day 6: Trek to High camp (3900M)
Day 7: Hike to High View Point (4250M) and Trek to Lwang (1460M)
Day 8: Trek/Drive to Pokhara
Day 9: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 10: Departure from Kathmandu
Day 1:- Arrive at Kathmandu
You will be picked up by the a representative of Himalayan Sewa Expedition and Trekking and transferred to the Kathmandu Eco Hotel by our private tourist vehicle. You have the free evening and overnight at hotel.
Day 2:- Pre-Trip meeting and sightseeing around Kathmandu valley
After breakfast we will organize a pre-departure meeting for providing the detail information about your tour and treks by our Guide. During our meeting clear all the remaining dues if any, bring 3 copies of passport size photos, copy of your passport and travel insurance policy. Please feel free to ask any queries with our guide related to your trekking regions. After meeting, our excellent tour guide will take you for Kathmandu valley sightseeing in private tourist vehicle. During the tour, you will visit major historical, cultural and religious centre of Kathmandu valley including Swyambhunath Stupa(The Monkey Temple), Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhanath Stupa and Pasupatinath Temple. Our tour guide will explain you about the cultural, historical and religious importance of these places in brief during the tour. You will be transferred to hotel after your tour. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3:- Drive to Pokhara (800 M) [7-8] hrs by tourist bus
At 6:30am, our trekking staffs will pick up you at hotel and escort to the bus station. The bus to Pokhara leaves at around 7:30am. You will drive by the beautiful rivers Trisuli and marsyangdi which is very popular for rafting as well. Pokhara is very popular for the panaromic view of majestic Himalayas such as Annapurna, Machapuchare(Fishtail) in the north, Dhaulagiri in the west, Lamjung Himal and Manaslu in the east. After 7 hours of drive, you will arrive at Pokahara, beautiful city of lakes, caves Buddhist and Hindus temples. You can enjoy your evening wandering on lake sides. Overnight at hotel in Pokhara.
Day 4:- Trek to Pothana (1950M)
After an early breakfast we will start our trek from Pokhara. The trail is quite good and easy. It first goes uphill toward the Australian Camp (2060M). From there we go downhill towards Pothana (1950M). We will also go to ACAP/TIMS checkpoint at Pothana to get our permits checked. Overnight at Pothana.
Day 5:-Trek to Jungle Camp (2300M)
From Pothana we will start our trek toward the Jungle Camp. Our trail today passes through beautiful forests of pines and rhododendrons. The sight of red rhododendrons in the lush green forests, and the fresh mountain air will relax your mind and soul. After reaching the Jungle Camp we can explore these forests. Overnight at Jungle Camp.
Day 6:-Trek to High camp (3900M)
On day 6 of the trek, we will gain an altitude of over 3000M. We will continue our trail that passes through the beautiful forests and reach Low Camp (3500M). After lunch we will start moving towards the High Camp. We trek uphill through the forests. We will also start to see the first views of Mardi himal and Macchapuchre. After reaching the High Camp (3900M) we can enjoy the stunning views of the snow covered peaks. Overnight at High Camp.
Day 7:- Hike to High View Point (4250M) and Trek to Lwang (1460M)
We start early then first hike to the upper view point to savor the astounding views of Mardi Himal (5587M), Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna south (7219m), Machapuchhre (6993m). The trail to the view point is quite easy but in some parts it is steep and narrow. After view point we will hike back to High Camp. From High Camp we will then trek to Lwang. It is a long descent to the village of Lwang. Overnight at Lwang.
Day 8:-Trek/Drive to Pokhara
After breakfast we will start our journey towards Pokhara. You can choose to trek or dive to Pokhara. We will explore Pokhara in the rest of our time. The most beautiful places like Phewa Lake, Devi’s water fall, International Mountaineering museum, Tibetan refugee settlement and Gupteshowr cave will be visited. Stay overnight in hotel.
Day 9:-Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by company vehicle that takes about seven hours. While driving from Pokhara to Kathmandu, you head up to Damauli, Dumre, Muglin and Kurintar where the Nepal’s first Cable car is operated to reach to Manakamana Temple. En route, you could enjoy the mountain views, green sceneries, rice terrace fields, vegetable fields and people being engaged in their daily life activities. From Naubishe you climb up to Thankot, the gateway to capital city. In the evening you can take a short walk around Thamel if you need to purchase some souvenirs to take back to your country. We will provide you a fully sponsored farewell dinner for your great achievement in successfully completing the Trek at a restaurant of your choice or our home. Stay overnight in hotel.
Day 10:- Departure from Kathmandu
You will be transferred to the international airport for your final departure by our company van. It’s our great pleasure to organize your tour and thanks for joining the team of Himalayan Sewa Expedition and trekking
The trip includes following services:
1. Airport pick up and drop off by private vehicle
2. Well experience trekking guide/s
3. Porters/s (a porter carries up to 25 kg luggage for 2 person)
4. Entry permit for Annapurna Conservation Area Project
5. Trekkers information management service(TIMS) card
6. All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking
7. Tourist standard hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast basis for single night.
8. Tea house/ guest house basis accommodation during trek (we recommend hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara according to your budget.)
9. Sleeping bag, down jacket duffle bags and trekking poles, etc. (as per your need.)
10. All land transportation where applicable
11. Insurance and equipment for our trekking staffs
12. First aid kits
13. One farewell dinner in Kathmandu with live cultural performance at Authentic Nepal restaurant on the last evening.
14. Rescue Assistance incase required [provided by your insurance company]15. Souvenir such as t-shirt, mug, posters and many more
The trip doesn’t include following services:
1. Personal natural expenses
2. Hot/cold drinks, beverage, shower, heater, wifi, battery charge,etc
3. Tips for staffs
4. Lunch and dinner in kathmandu and pokhara
5. Travel insurance
6. Local area entry fee such as monastery, museum, park, etc
The following equipment list are suggested and essential for camping or tea house trekking in the Himalayas. Equipment can be bought in Kathmandu or Pokhara as well. Make sure that you at least have following listed items.
1. One large duffel bag for your personal gears
2. One small padlock for your duffel bag
3. One rucksack or day bag/pack according to the needs of your personal belongings
4. Power bars/ Chocolates/ candies
5. Sunhats, Sunglasses, warm hats, sunscreens, lip care
6. Lightweight gloves/ heavy weight gloves with a waterproof shell outer
8. Thermal under garments- top & bottom [synthetic is the best]9. Under garments
10. Long shirts
11. Warm trousers (loose & comfortable)
12. Down Jackets
13. Jacket (windproof, waterproof with hood), waterproof pants
14. Light weight walking boots(leather recommended)
15. Woolen socks(thin, thick)
16. Pair of comfortable shoes
17. Water bottle ( thermos recommended)
18. Water purification tablet or liquid (chlorine/iodine)
19. Water proof bag cover
20. Sleeping bag( temperature resistance as low as -15 degree Celsius)
22. Books, pen, journal
23. Trekking map/ guide book
24. Spare batteries or Power bank
Fill up the form below to tell us what you're looking for
Register now! We will send you best offers for your trip.