If you are looking for a short an easy trek without venturing deep into the Himalayas, Kathmandu Valley Cultural circuit trek is the perfect answer. This trail is easy and suitable for people without much trekking experience. It offers an excellent mix of beautiful scenery and cultural experiences. You will visit sights of cultural and traditional importance and will also be able to enjoy the beautiful views of the Himalayas from Chisapani, Nagarkot and more.
Our trek starts at Sundarijal, a place of natural beauty with rivers and waterfalls. We will then venture deep into the woods at Shivapuri National Park and enjoy panoramic views of snowcapped mountains at Chisapani. Nagarkot is another viewpoint famous for its beautiful sunrise and sunset. Moreover, we will also visit places like Panauti, Changunarayan, Pashupati, Swyambhunath, Boudhanath with religious importance. The visit to Kathmandu and Bhaktapur Dubar Square will give insight into the beautiful craftsmanship and arts of Nepal. With Kathmandu Valley Cultural Circuit trek you will be able to experience the cultures and traditions of the local settlements.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive at Kathmandu
Day 2: Pre-Departure Meeting and Kathmandu Tour
Day 3: Drive to Sundarijal and Trek to Chisapani
Day 4: Trek to Nagarkot
Day 5: Trek to Dulikhel
Day 6:Trek to Balthali
Day 7: Trek to Panauti, Drive to Bhaktapur and Sightseeing
Day 8:Departure from Kathmandu
Day 1:- Arrival at Kathmandu
You will be picked up by representative of Himalayan Sewa Expedition and Trekking and transferred to the Kathmandu Eco Hotel by our private tourist vehicle. You have the free evening and overnight at hotel.
Day 2:- Pre-Departure Meeting and Kathmandu Tour
After breakfast we will organize a pre-departure meeting for providing the detail information about your tour and treks by our Guide. During our meeting clear all the remaining dues if any, bring 3 copies of passport size photos, copy of your passport and travel insurance policy. Please feel free to ask any queries with our guide related to your trekking regions. After meeting, our excellent tour guide will take you for Kathmandu valley sightseeing in private tourist vehicle. During the tour, you will visit major historical, cultural and religious centre of Kathmandu valley including Swyambhunath Stupa(The Monkey Temple), Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhanath Stupa and Pasupatinath Temple. Our tour guide will explain you about the cultural, historical and religious importance of these places in brief during the tour. You will be transferred to hotel after your tour. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3:- Drive to Sundarijal and Trek to Chisapani
we will start our journey with a drive to Sundarijal, our starting point of the trek. While exploring the beautiful rivers and waterfalls of Sundarijal, we will venture inside the forests of Sivapuri National Park. The trail passes through forests of pines and oaks leading to Chisapani.
Overnight at Chisapani.
Day 4:- Trek to Nagarkot
We start early by hiking to the viewpoint of Chisapani. From Chisapani viewpoint, we can savor the mesmerizing panoramic view of the Himalayas. After a few photographs with the beautiful scenery, we will trek towards Nagarkot. The trail to Nagarkot is straight and easy and takes about 6 hours. After reaching Nagarkot, we can go to the viewpoint to experience a beautiful sunset over the Himalayas.
Overnight at Nagarkot.
Day 5:- Trek to Dulikhel
We will again start early to see the beautiful sunrise from Nagarkot viewpoint. The view of Mt Ganesh, Langtang, Dhaulagiri and more can be seen from Nagarkot. From Nagarkot we trek toward Dhulikhel.
Overnight at Dhulikhel.
Day 6:- Trek to Balthali
After Breakfast, we start our trek towards Balthali. The trail is easy and straight and takes about 4 hours. The village of Balthali will let you experience the culture of rural settlements. The beautiful scenery, the sound of birds and rivers and the humility of the local people will leave you with an unforgettable memory.
Overnight at Balthali.
Day 7:- Trek to Panauti, Drive to Bhaktapur and Sightseeing
From Balthali we will trek to Panauti village. From Panauti we will drive to Bhaktapur. At Bhaktapur we will visit UNESCO heritage sites like Changunarayan temple and Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Both the places exhibit beautiful craftsmanship and arts of Nepalese architecture.
We will return back to Kathmandu where we will enjoy a farewell dinner to celebrate the success of your trek. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 8:- Departure from Kathmandu
You will be transferred to the international airport for your final departure by our company van. It’s our great pleasure to organize your tour and thanks for joining the team of Himalayan Sewa Expedition and trekking.
The trip includes following services:
1. Airport pick up and drop off by private vehicle
2. Well experience trekking guide/s
3. Porters/s (a porter carries up to 25 kg luggage for 2 person)
4. Entry permit for Annapurna Conservation Area Project
5. Trekkers information management service(TIMS) card
6. All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking
7. Tourist standard hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast basis for single night.
8. Tea house/ guest house basis accommodation during trek (we recommend hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara according to your budget.)
9. Sleeping bag, down jacket duffle bags and trekking poles, etc. (as per your need.)
10. All land transportation where applicable
11. Insurance and equipment for our trekking staffs
12. First aid kits
13. One farewell dinner in Kathmandu with live cultural performance at Authentic Nepal restaurant on the last evening.
14. Rescue Assistance incase required [provided by your insurance company]15. Souvenir such as t-shirt, mug, posters and many more
The trip doesn’t include following services:
1. Personal natural expenses
2. Hot/cold drinks, beverage, shower, heater, wifi, battery charge,etc
3. Tips for staffs
4. Lunch and dinner in kathmandu and pokhara
5. Travel insurance
6. Local area entry fee such as monastery, museum, park, etc
The following equipment list are suggested and essential for camping or tea house trekking in the Himalayas. Equipment can be bought in Kathmandu or Pokhara as well. Make sure that you at least have following listed items.
1. One large duffel bag for your personal gears
2. One small padlock for your duffel bag
3. One rucksack or day bag/pack according to the needs of your personal belongings
4. Power bars/ Chocolates/ candies
5. Sunhats, Sunglasses, warm hats, sunscreens, lip care
6. Lightweight gloves/ heavy weight gloves with a waterproof shell outer
8. Thermal under garments- top & bottom [synthetic is the best]9. Under garments
10. Long shirts
11. Warm trousers (loose & comfortable)
12. Down Jackets
13. Jacket (windproof, waterproof with hood), waterproof pants
14. Light weight walking boots(leather recommended)
15. Woolen socks(thin, thick)
16. Pair of comfortable shoes
17. Water bottle ( thermos recommended)
18. Water purification tablet or liquid (chlorine/iodine)
19. Water proof bag cover
20. Sleeping bag( temperature resistance as low as -15 degree Celsius)
22. Books, pen, journal
23. Trekking map/ guide book
24. Spare batteries or Power bank
Fill up the form below to tell us what you're looking for
Register now! We will send you best offers for your trip.